Applications for Cohort 7 (2015-16 academic year) now available:
A Need for Data Strategists in Education
The Strategic Data Project (SDP) Fellowship program develops data strategists for education: top-notch talent with superior skills in collecting, analyzing, and communicating with data. The bar is being raised in K–12 education, marked by increasing demand for high-quality teaching, rigorous standards, and exceptional student outcomes. SDP Fellows can help education organizations leverage existing data and build an evidence base to support this new landscape and produce lasting results.
SDP Fellowship Overview (PDF)
Extensive Professional Development
The SDP Fellowship is a premier professional development experience led by an accomplished team at the Center for Education Policy Research at Harvard University. The two-year program develops talented data strategists in school systems, state education departments, and nonprofit providers. By participating in the fellowship, both fellows and their host agencies will grow advanced analytic capacity, develop clear priorities and plans for data and data systems, build organizational willingness to use data for decision-making, and uncover valuable insight about performance. Together with SDP, these leaders are building a growing, national network focused on improving student outcomes in America’s public schools.The program features two kinds of fellows—data fellows and agency fellows. Both types of fellows receive professional development designed to boost skills andknowledge in measurement and analysis, leadership and change management, and cutting-edge education policy.
- Data fellows are recruited by SDP via a nationwide search and matched to an SDP partnerorganization. They bring impressive credentials in statistics, data management, and research methods.
- Agency fellows are current employees who have been identified as analytic leaders in their agency. They are the rising stars of their organization who, with additional training and attention, will take on executive-level roles.
SDP Fellows are:
- entrepreneurial change agents dedicated to transforming how key policy and management decisions are made in public education.
- thought partners that enable education agencies to break through strategic issues that benefit from robust analyses.
- talented data strategists that lead and support key projects in their placement agency.
- key contributors in a growing network of analytic leaders committed to impacting education reform through research and data.
A National Network
Fellows join a growing network of forward-thinking partners and data strategists innovating new programs and techniques in K–12 organizations across the United States. They gain knowledge of current practices and lessons learned from their colleagues and apply these lessons to their host organizations.
Next steps on becoming an SDP Partner and hosting a fellow.
Learn more about the SDP Fellowship from the fellows themselves: