The SDP Institute is a four-day workshop for any education analyst, not already part of the SDP Fellowship program, interested in analyzing student achievement data to understand students’ progress through high school and into college and patterns of teacher effectiveness. You need not be an expert in statistical programming, though a basic understanding is recommended (e.g., Stata, SAS, R, SPSS). The SDP Institute seeks analysts passionate about changing the culture of data use in education who are ready to take their statistical skills to the next level!
Through the SDP Institute, participants will:
- Understand root-cause analysis and problem identification as a framework for conducting analytics in education
- Learn basic data exploration techniques for rapidly producing descriptive analyses that surface new questions that are highly relevant to education leaders
- Assess operational use of data in your agency and learn strategies to influence leadership with analytics
- Understand important concepts for effectively displaying analytics and communicating with data
- Learn methods and strategies for robust program evaluation
[Learn more and register for the SDP Institute for Leadership in Analytics]