Howard County Public School System
Highlights from the Key Findings report:
1. Most students did not reach the recommended levels of usage of the DreamBox software.
2. Some schools used DreamBox software to target low-achieving students and after-school learning, while others did not.
3. The variation in DreamBox software use was driven largely teacher- and school-level practices, as opposed to student preferences.
4. Students who spent more time on the DreamBox software saw larger gains in achievement.
5. Students who followed the DreamBox lesson recommendations, as opposed to going back and repeating content, saw faster gains.
6. The DreamBox progress measure was positively associated with achievement gains on state tests and interim assessments.
7. The evidence for the causal impact of DreamBox on student achievement is encouraging but mixed.